e are looking for a Maintenance Planning Superintendent with proven HME maintenance planning expertise who would help to build systems almost from scratch on a new huge green field copper project.
- Lead and manage a mine maintenance
- Ensure mobile equipment is maintained in accordance with OEM specifications and requirements.
- Maintain and update maintenance of risk register.
- Accountable for development and sustainment of mine maintenance Planning controls, programs, systems, and processes. Includes: development of CMMS, Master Data, Maintenance Strategies and system through operational readiness and beyond.
- Using the CMMS, establish and maintain a Work Management system to provide accurate and timely schedules, fleet history, parts / components stock holding and availability, work order detail, wear analysis, failure prediction and trends thereof.
- Within a rolling 12 week planning window (in line with the mine operations plan), establish weekly and four-weekly schedules highlighting key activities and milestones
- Produce and update all mine maintenance expense and capital budgets component life and workforce planning.
- Develop new and sustain existing maintenance systems and processes to support mine planning, component management, and warranty programs.
- Manage and coordinate Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) programs (including master data and functional location development, reliability strategies, maintenance strategies, maintenance programs, spare parts, critical spares, and capital replacement programs).
- Establish and maintain registers to ensure mobile equipment compliance with Statutory and Regulatory requirements and site policies and procedures.
- Manage a team of maintenance planners/ schedulers, (direct and indirect) to improve Safety and availability to ensure the fit for purpose equipment/ systems are optimized.
- Develop training and mentoring programs for internal and OEM planning teams to ensure maintenance planning and execution optimizes fit for purpose.
- Assist in Investigating incidents, near misses, damage, or maintenance delays to ensure that proper procedures are adequate.
- Establish and maintain successful relationships with OEMs, suppliers and consultants.
- Verify and validate maintenance activities. Track maintenance cost and make corrections to planning and scheduling as required.
- 10 years Maintenance experience in a Heavy Mobile Equipment or Heavy Industrial environment.
- 10 years Ultra Class mobile equipment maintenance experience an advantage.
- Extensive Maintenance, Mechanical / Electrical experience with predictive and tracking systems for Ultra Class mobile equipment.
- Job experience in mining or other heavy industry of minimum 10 years
- Minimum 5 years in managerial role
- Well-rounded maintenance background, including servicing, rebuilding, technical trades, fleet (strategic) life cycle planning and budgeting.
- Direct experience in developing and implementing effective maintenance planning and forecasting for all minor and major maintenance repairs, servicing, inspections and for opening and closing out Scope of Works / Work Instruction and work orders (Work Management).
- Experience with shovels and mine site network services is an advantage.
- Excellent working knowledge of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Systems supporting the maintenance planning and scheduling for all Mobile Equipment Assets and component subsystems tracking, budgeting and forecasting.
- XERAS Zero based budging software experience an advantage.
- OpenText document management software experience is desirable.
- Intermediate or Advanced skills with MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
- English level – Upper-Intermediate+
Reporting line: Mine Maintenance Manager